Current Job Opening(s):
Grant Writer - Request for Proposal (note: this is a contract position with no benefits)
KBOO is an independent, member-supported, non-commercial, volunteer-powered community radio station broadcasting from Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, our core mission has been to provide training and access to the airwaves for locally produced music, arts, news and public affairs programming. KBOO is a multicultural and progressive organization that prioritizes serving communities that are underrepresented and underserved on other local radio stations. We are committed to peace, justice, democracy, human rights, multiculturalism, environmentalism, freedom of expression, and social change in society.
KBOO is a non-profit with a small staff and a large contingency of volunteers from diverse backgrounds. The office has a stimulating and fast-paced work environment comprised of award winning professional broadcasters and support staff with longstanding careers invested in KBOO. Community volunteers run a vast majority of the airtime with established and special programming. KBOO office hours are M-F, 9am-5pm, while some operational activities occur outside these hours.
KBOO offers a very generous benefits package:
- Medical (Kaiser) and dental insurance (Moda or Willamette Dental) within 30 days of hire and 100% paid premiums for the employee, dependents may be added with a cost
- 10 days paid vacation (increases in 3rd year)
- 10 days paid sick leave (increases in 3rd year)
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) after one year when KBOO contributes 3% of salary
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance of $15,000
- 10 days paid bereavement
- Unpaid 3 month sabbatical after 5 years
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military/veterans status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, victim of domestic violence, and any other status protected under local, state or federal law.