I have received many requests for a more descriptive list of all the ways a Program Host can earn their 2 hours of Volunteer Time a month outside their program.
I would like to first note what duties are required of all programmers and does not count towards these hours:
- Creating an Episode page on the website for each upcoming show
- Creating a Spinitron playlist for each episode
- Maintaining an up to date Evergreen Show Promo
Aside from these 3 responsibilities, All other Volunteering duties count towards your 2 hours.
Below is a List of all the current Volunteer Opportunities by Department
Programming Department - Email email@example.com to get started!
- Creating Extra Music Content
- Help us fill the holes in the schedule with a Music Show. It can be just music or include back announcing. We prefer Evergreen (meaning no current events or time stamps) but we are still happy to air one-off pieces as well. Please make sure to fill out a spinitron once it is scheduled. Specifications can be found here.
- Helping Others Produce their program
- If you have been putting in extra hours, helping a fellow volunteer put together their show, this counts as volunteer time.
- Teaching a KBOO Show and Tell Sessions
- If you have found some effective methods, tips, or tricks for putting your show together, please share your knowledge with the community! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a session.
- Vetting Audio
- Help us pre-screen each program for indecencies before they air. Its an easy way to get your volunteer hours and you get to hear what your fellow programmers are up to! If your interested in vetting email Volunteer@kboo.org
- Recording Promos
- The program Director will send you a short PSA script for you to voice and record. If you’d like to go above and beyond you can add in the instrumental music bedding to complete the promo. Reach out if you are interested in being notified when scripts are available. A quick tutorial video on how to bed a promo will be coming soon.
- Recording a Testimonial
- Editing Audio
- Public Affairs may need pitching cut out of syndicated pieces
- We have archival audio that could be cleaned up and used for air!
- Peer Evaluations
- This volunteer Opportunity will become available in December 2020
- Social Media/Website
- Make Blog posts on the KBOO Website
- Promote yours (or others) upcoming shows on Social Media
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Send Promotions to your email Network
- Outreach: Look for online groups and organizations that would be interested in certain programs. Post to their groups and add to the hosts mailing list.
Facilities/Building Maintenance - This is always changing but you can email email@example.com to see what's New!
- Music Library
- This is still in the works, but we are hoping to pick back up on processing music submissions and organizing the Library. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping with this.
Membership - Email email@example.com for more information
- Data Entry
- Update information in membership database
- Record contributions from members
Attend a Committee Meeting
- The Board of Directors
- Meets the 4th Monday of each month at 6:00 pm,
- For more information email Katmeowgarcia@gmail.com
- Development & Events Committee
- Meets the 4th Monday of the month at 4:30 pm,
- For more information email Development@kboo.org
- Engineering Committee
- First Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm,
- For more information email Engineer@kboo.org
- Finance Committee
- Meets the 3rd Thursday of every month at 4:30 pm
- For more information email Accounting@kboo.org
- Personnel/Governance Committee
- Meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:00 pm
- For more information email Admin@kboo.org
- Programming Advisory Committee
- Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need Further Assistance deciding where you can help best email email@example.com