KBOO is a proud media sponsor for the 14th Annual Pickathon at Pendarvis Farm, August 3 - 5.
Listen to some random recordings from this year's festival: (more forthcoming)
- Blitzen Trapper - Friday August 3
- Todd Snider - Friday August 3
- Sierra Leone Refugee All Stars - Friday August 3
- Bowerbirds - Friday August 3
- The Wood Brothers - Saturday August 4
- Ted Jones & the Tarheel Boys - Saturday August 4
- Kitty Daisy and Lewis - Sunday August 5
- The War on Drugs - Sunday August 5
Listen Live on Saturday August 4th from 9AM-Noon on KBOO.
Experience the 14th Annual Pickathon Indie Roots Music Festival at the one and only Pendarvis Farm (PDF) near Portland, OR.
Here’s just a few of the myriad of reasons you should make your plans today.
- Pickathon curates the best 50 bands that imagination allows.
- Continuous three day weekend of music presented on 6 stages (Mt. View Stage [outdoor], Fir Meadows Stage [outdoor], The Woods Stage [Solar Powered - outdoor], Starlight Stage [All Ages - Late Night - outdoor], the Galaxy Barn [indoor], and the Workshop Barn [indoor workshops]. The Galaxy Barn stage becomes a late-night (21+) venue at 9pm until 2AM.
- Pendarvis Farm provides lush meadow and forested campgrounds with hiking, audience views of Mt. Hood, local food and goods vendors, three unique beer gardens, beautiful site and stage designs, free drinking water, an array of shade and venue covering, and much more.
- Support Pickathon’s efforts in becoming a leader in music festivals through a host of initiatives that include; eliminating single use dishware and utensils, eliminating all plastic water bottles and cups with the help of Klean Kanteen , an alternative transportation plan (Local Mass Transit from EcoShuttle, Travel to Portland without Renting a Car, Bike Routes and Secure Bike Parking, and Carpool Matching), a variety of renewable energy uses, composting and recycling, and partnering with a variety of conscious sponsors.
- An amazing array of affordable, organic, local, and sustainable Food and Drink Menu options are available onsite to make your stay a culinary experience as well as musical paradise.
- Pickathon features several musical workshops taught by the performing artists.
- Kids under 12 are free when the family comes to Pickathon and will be greeted by a continuous array of planned kid activities and performances throughout the weekend.
- Pendarvis Farm includes classic wooded Oregon hiking trails to take a break and enjoy peace and solitude.
- One of the coolest things for parents is that Pickathon will have Pickathon Radio broadcasting the Mountain View and Fir Meadows stages on 90.1 FM so you can listen in from anywhere in the campground.
More Info: http://www.pickathon.com/