Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- DonorPerfect Online Experience
- Data Management Experience
- Data Analysis and Reporting Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Volunteer Management and Training Experience
Position: Data Coordinator
Reports to: Station Manager
Employment Status: Part Time ($15.56)
Total Hours: Up to 17 hours per week
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 14, 2020.
Send a cover letter and resume to stationmanager [@] kboo [dot] org or bring or send your resume with cover letter to: 20 SE 8th, Portland, Oregon 97214. Please add in the cover letter the answer to the question: “Why is KBOO important?”
General Description: Support KBOO’s fundraising activities by organizing donor information, tabulating contributions and campaign totals, and maintaining KBOO’s database.
- Ensure information is accurately recorded in membership database and help define best practices for data entry and organization.
- Build and make use of organizational tools to track the progress of fundraising campaigns
- Support the membership and development departments by providing reports from the database
- Help prepare reports for staff and Board of Directors detailing fundraising efforts and the status of KBOO’s membership
- Help ensure reconciliation between membership database and accounting software
- Assist with member relations and donor satisfaction as needed
- Train and supervise volunteers in data entry
- Attend staff meetings, revenue operating team meetings, and staff trainings as needed
- Ability to maintain membership database or client management software, DonorPerfect Online preferred
- Ability to train and supervise volunteers
- Experience and/or ability to work with donors preferred
- Problem-solving skills related to information organization and display
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as customer service
- Organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and at times without direct supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Experience in public or community radio preferred
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people in multicultural, cooperative, respectful, racial justice and anti-oppressions organization
- Computer skills (Database, Google G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Publisher)
You will be supervised by the Station Manager. You will meet with the Station Manager frequently for clear communication of responsibilities and expectations. If you experience conflict or have issues that need to be addressed, you will take this to the Station Manager.
Up to 17 hours per week to be performed during hours that allow collaboration with the development and membership teams
This position pays $15.56 per hour.
Equipment Used & Physical Working Conditions
Computer, voicemail, copier, fax. Applicant must be able to remain in a stationary position approximately 50% or more of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Applicant must have ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
KBOO has a small paid staff and about 500 volunteers. KBOO has regular membership drives. They require an intense amount of time and coordination. The atmosphere is hectic and stimulating. The ability to work in this kind of environment is essential.
Workplace expectations at KBOO radio include: effective verbal and written communications, conflict de-escalation, skillful volunteer relations and utilization, capable project management, work-area organization, response to phone calls and correspondence, teamwork and cooperation with other employees, volunteers, and Board members; furtherance of KBOO mission, goals and values; meeting attendance and participation; capable departmental budgeting and punctuality.
KBOO is a union shop and all (non management) staff are members of Communications Workers of America (CWA)- Local 7901. Any person hired will be required to join and pay dues to CWA Local 7901 after 30 days.
Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the first six-months of employment are probationary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
KBOO Community Radio is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, class, gender identity, creed, physical or mental disability.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.56 /hour
- Data Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday