10/12-14 Willamette Falls Festival
KBOO is a proud sponsor of the Willamette Falls Festival
In collaboration with the Willamette Fall Heritage Area Coalition, Clackamas County Tourism, the cities of Oregon City and West Linn, the Oregon Department of Transportation, Tribes of the Grand Ronde, and numerous sponsors, this fun-filled, three-day festival commemorates the grand re-opening of the Historic Arch Bridge and benefits the Historic Willamette Locks.
|When:||Friday, October 12 -- 4-9pm|
|Saturday, October 13 -- 9am-9pm|
|Sunday, October 14 -- 9am-3pm|
|Where||Oregon City—West Linn Arch Bridge and surrounding areas|
|Cost:||Festival is free to the public, however, people need to register and pay in advance if they want to participate in any of the following: the Fun-athlon (run/bike/paddle), 5K Fun Run, Willamette Locks Benefit Dinner and the Sternwheeler Rose Wine and Cheese Event. One may register at www.willamettefallsfestival.com.|
|For More Info:||http://www.willamettefallsfestival.com|
Friday, October 12th "An Evening of Arts and Culture"
- March of the Bands-OC/WL High Schools Festival Kick-off -- 5:30 pm on bridge
- Bridge open to the Public for walking; strolling -- 6-9pm
- Ripple Effect Arts Walk- 4-9pm (runs throughout festival)
- Geocache Challenge- (runs throughout festival)
- Willamette Locks Benefit Dinner at the Museum of the Oregon Territory -- 6pm
Saturday, October 13th "Family Fun Day"
- Artisan Farmers Market- 9am- 2pm in Main Pavilion Tent
- Trolley Heritage Tour- 10am - 4pm
- Grand Ronde Tribal Encampment with Native American Drumming, Dancing and Craft Demonstrations, Clackamette Park- 2-6pm
- Great Performances— live music, Pavilion Tent- 3-8pm
- Interactive Public Sculpture Project, on bridge- 10am- 3pm
- Speaker Series & Poetry Workshop, varied locations- 11am-3pm
- Sternwheeler Rose Wine & Cheese Event- 7-9pm
- Falls Film Première- Museum of the Oregon Territory (invitation only) 7:30-9:30pm
- Fireworks over the Willamette Falls- 8pm
Sunday, October 14th "Get Active Day"
- Fun-athlon, Clackamette Park - (running, biking, kayaking) -- starts at 9am
- Family 5K Fun Run, Clackamette Park -- starts at 9am
- Renewal of Wedding Vows Ceremony on Bridge -- 1pm
- Ceremonial Bridge Opening (Chair Lehan participates in ceremony) -- 2pm
- First Across the Bridge Parade-walkers, bikes and antique cars -- 2:30pm
- Rededication Reception, Pacific Crest Ballroom by Initiation only -- 3pm