Creating an Episode Promo Online -- aka Schedule Episode
Scheduling an Episode on the Website
Stuff with the * are must-dos. Others are up to you.
- Login to KBOO website using your user name and password.
- Look under Control Panel at the right side of the page. Under Create Content you should click on Schedule Episode
- Screen comes up that says “Create Schedule Episode.” Fill this out using the following instructions.
- Enter description of program in empty box. Enter any links or background information about your topic. This can be as long as you want.
- * Go to Program box and select the program you are doing, (e.g. Fight the Empire, More Talk Radio, The Dirtbag, etc)
- * Go to Air Date and enter Month, Day, and beginning time and ending time for the show you are doing. These both must be complete and accurate for the episode to work.
- * Short Description – Enter a less than 100 characters to describe the basics of show
- Topics – Your show is either Music or Public Affairs. Pick one. Pick one topic that best fits your show or hold down Control key to pick more than one.
- Images – If you want to include an image you must have an image saved on the computer to use. To find an image, use Google or search creative commons and go to the site of the guest, or their organization, or their book, for an image. When you find an image, Right Click on it. Then Left click on “Save Image As.” Save it to a place that will be easy for you to find like the Desktop. Name it something easy to remember. Save as Type should be JPEG or gif. Click on Save.
- Images – Continued. Now you have a saved image to use. Click on Browse. Window comes up. Change “Look in” box at top to the location where you saved the image. (On some computers the saved image automatically goes to Downloads, so look or search for that folder if necessary.) Find the image you saved and Left click on it to choose it and then Left click on Open. That puts it in the image box.
- Now click on Upload to enter the image.
- Now you are ready to save your episode. Go to the bottom of the page and Left click on Save.
- Hurrah! You have Scheduled an Episode!